Saturday 20 August 2011

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

After reading a few mediocre reviews about this product, I wasn't that excited to be honest. However, I disagree with the majority of them.
The Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint contains mineral UV protection SPF15 and a rangeof carefully selected blend of botanicals including vitamin E, avocado and borage. Like Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish (which I love) this 'foundation' is for designed for all skin types, all year round.

I was sent two shades of this product; Bare 01 and Beige 02. This 'foundation' also comes in a third, darker shade 'Beach.'

On the left is 01 Bare and on the right is 02 Beige. I either use one on their own or blend them together. On the swatch, they may not seem like my perfect colour match however because the coverage and formula is very lightweight, it blends into the skin perfectly. I'll blend them together if I have a bit more time or use them on their own if I don't. But I wouldn't worry about the colour match because when you order this product, Liz Earle sends you all three shades to sample which ensures that you select the right shade, first time. This is part of their 'Reduce, Re-use, Recyle' campaign.

So first of all, the packaging. It's really pretty and resembles the Liz Earle's HQ island home and their unique marine colour. The shimmering pearl finish reflects the warm, summer shine that 'gently filters down through the glistening, inky depths of The Solent.' - sounds very pretty, eh? But yes, I love the packaging. I like the colour as most of my foundations are clear or foundation colour so this one definitely stands out in my drawer. It's also a squeezy bottle which saves wastages!

My usual foundation is Estee Lauder's Double Wear which is very full coverage as my skin isn't perfect. This is pretty much the first 'tinted moisturiser' I've ever used and surprisingly, I love it! I'm going abroad in a few weeks time and I can't wait to take this with me. It's lightweight, easy to blend yet builable. So if you don't have perfect skin, don't worry! I use two thin layers and it gives me really good yet lightweight coverage. It evens out my skin tone, hides my spots and masks my pores. It doesn't cover my scarring however..that's what concealer is for! I've worn this to work twice and I've worn it outside today (it's pretty hot) and it has lasted perfectly and still looks as good as when I applied it. The finish isn't matte, it's dewy and I was worried about this considering I have combination skin. Yet I don't find it a problem. If I want a matte skin day, I'll just powder and if I don't, I don't powder. It's very versatile.

So overall this 'foundation' is versatile, lightweight, lasts all day, doesn't break me out and of course, it's good for the skin! What more do you want?

This skin tint will be available from September 15th and it retails at £21 for 40ml. 40ml is a lot to be honest.. most of my foundations are 30ml and cost more. Oh and I forgot to mention, a tiny amount goes a very long way!

I'll be giving this the ULTIMATE test when I go on holiday and I'll report back to you. But for now, I love it!
xxx