Saturday 25 February 2012

Having My Hair Cut - HELP!

If you're a regular on my blog then you know that I haven't had my hair cut in around 2 years. The reason for this is that if I have it cut, it doesn't tend to grow. However, it's now at the length that I want it to be at so when I get paid on Tuesday, I'm hoping to go to the hairdressers and get a few layers put in and a fringe. Now, when I say I haven't had my hair cut in 2 years it doesn't mean it's in bad condition with terrible split ends as I've looked after it very well - a lot of deep conditioning so don't go not having your hair cut unless you're willing to look after it properly!
Minus the blonde hair, the images above are exactly how I want my hair. I usually put my fringe behind my ears in order to keep it out of the way of my eyes and this ends up just looking a mess so I'm hoping to get a fringe put in. I love Britney's in the first two images; I love the way it sweeps across her face, covers up her forehead and looks effortless. I'd say my hair is about the same length as Britney's in the second two images and I love the layering in them both. It creates volume and also allows beautiful curls to be put into the hair. So I'll be taking these pictures along to the salon with me to see if there's anything that they can do.
This is what my hair looks like now so I think it's definitely manageable. My fringe doesn't look too bad on these photos though - possibly because it's placed there with quite a bit of hairspray. But when I'm out and can't place it there in time for photos, it becomes such a pain and just gets in the way. If you're around Lincoln and can recommend some good hairdressers then please, let me know! And if you have any tips on how to approach the hairdressers, comment below as I've never been to the hairdressers in my life! (My mum used to be one so she's always cut my hair for me).
xxx