Tuesday 28 February 2012

BRITNEY SERIES: Stronger Make Up

I've always been a fan of Britney's make up in her music video for her single 'Stronger.' And tonight, I haven't had anything to do so I thought I'd attempt to recreate it. I'm quite happy with how it turned out even though I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to make up. You can enlarge these images aswell to take a closer look!
I used No7's Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in the colour Pewter as an all over base colour. I also took it into the corner of my eye and underneath my lower lash line to brighten up and give the powder shadows something to stick to. After this, I used Urban Decay's Gunmetal in the crease and winged this colour out to elongate the eye. I then outlined Gunmetal with Urban Decay's Creep and then blended the two colours together. After this, I mixed both of the colours together and used them towards the outside of my lower lash line. To then brighten up the eyes, I took a mixture of Urban Decay's Pistol and Verve and blended both of these colours from the inside corner of my eye to the darker corners. I then took both of these colours underneath my lash line and blended into the darker ones aswell. After this, I lined my upper lash line with 17's Liquid Liner and my waterline with Gosh's Kohl Eye Liner in the colour White. I curled my lashes with No7's Lash Curler and then applied one coat of Avon's Supershock Mascara before applying Kiss False Lashes in the style 02. After all of this, I took some random glitter and pressed this over my entire upper eye to make it glow more.
I used MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation all over my skin and then Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer to cover up my scarring, spots and tidy up around the eye area. To contour my face, I used Sleek's Face Contour Kit in the Light and contoured underneath my cheekbones and the outside edges of my nose. I also used the highlight part on the upper area of my cheekbones. I also used Bourjois Blush in Rose De Jaspe to further contour and add some colour to the cheeks. On my lips, I used a mixture of 17's Ultimate Volume Lipgloss in Very Berry and Barbara Daly's Mega Shine Lipgloss in Breeze.
Above, you can see Britney's make up from the music video. I must add as I always do that I'm not a professional make up artist; I'm just someone who loves playing around with make up! And also, I couldn't recreate the look exactly because I have no idea which colours her make up artist was using at the time. But I've tried my hardest! I thought that this look wouldn't be very wearable but the more I look at it, the more I love it. It's really beautiful and even though both the eyes and the lips are strong, they go so perfectly together!

What do you think? Do you like these posts and would you like to see more?
xxx