Wednesday 28 March 2012

Holland & Barrett - Natural Beauty

'In recent research by Holland & Barrett, nearly half of women surveyed (48%) revealed they ditch their make-up on a regular basis, yet the words 'natural look' can still spread panic among those who never leave the house without a make-up safety net.'
And I can say that I'm one of those people. I do sometimes leave the house without make up but I also feel awful and very uncomfortable around it.
So when this beautiful pink box arrived inside my flat, I was a little bit excited. Okay, scratch that. I was super excited. And when I saw the little card saying 'Holland and Barrett' on the top of it, I was even more excited. When I first starting suffering with bad skin, I loved going into Holland and Barrett. Me and mum would be in there often seeing if there was anything to help my skin but of course, I can't take tablets so I could never rely on vitamins. But they do have some wonderful skin care products in there. Me and my friends also used to go in after school and get some 'yoghurt coated bananas' which are just beautiful. So yes, I was excited.
Back to front, L-R 
Perfectly Pure Coconut Oil (£14.99, 453g) this melts into the skin and gives life to dry and rough skin. It's also great for conditioning the hair and can be used within cooking.
Skin, Hair and Nails Formula (£13.99, 120 caplets) as the name suggests, this supports healthy hair, vibrant skin and strong nails. It's a 3-in-1 tablet that contains antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin E and selenium.
Hydrolysed Collagen (£19.35, 180 caplets) this boosts collagen in the skin. It uses a complex protein to provide the major building material for growth, repair and maintenance of the skin (and also nails and hair). It also contains the antioxidant vitamin C which contributes to normal collagen formation.
Dr Organic Anti-Ageing Hand & Nail Cream (£6.19, 125ml) this hand cream has royal jelly inside it which is super rich in plant hormones, nutrients and amino acids. This cream strengthens the collagen matrix which is vital for healthy looking skin and nails. 
Dr Organic Manuka Honey Skin Lotion (£7.19, 200ml) this lotion is blended with natural ingredients and vitamins which rebalances the body's natural moisture levels and leaves the skin feeling healthy, silky smooth, firm and in perfect condition. 
Dr Organic Rose Otta Facial Serum (£12.29, 30ml) this uplifting aromatic essential oil is a super serum which is absorbed instantly to lock in moisture and leave a soft, toned feeling of balanced hydration.
Argan Oil (£12.99, 59ml) this oil helps to prevent the skin from wrinkling as by using it, skin becomes more toned. It's not only great for skin but also it helps repair the hair from sun and chemical damage too. 
Hyaluronic Acid (£9.75, 30 capsules) this is a substance that occurs naturally in the skin which means it's perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin. This supports supple, firm and youthful skin tone whilst the vitamin C helps to support the formation of collagen.
Pycnogenol (£11.85, 30 capsules) this is an antioxidant and helps to improve skin hydration and elasticity in women. Pycnogenol promotes glowing skin and reduces the appearance of skin inflammation which results in a more even complexion.
Unfortunately, I can't swallow tablets/capsules/anything so one of my best friends, Laura will be trying out the vitamins on her blog. I'm hoping to try and swallow one of these capsules as the Pycnogenol sounds perfect for the scarring on my skin. But I'll let you know if I do. I'm really excited to use all of these products as I'm all about natural beauty. 
Another great thing that Holland and Barrett are now doing is the Rewards for Life loyalty scheme. This means that you can earn points on every purchase and you also get money-off vouchers emailed to you every 3 months. I was lucky enough to be sent one of these cards with some points pre-loaded onto them. So I popped into my local Holland and Barrett's today but unfortunately I found out that you get vouchers sent to you every month. So I haven't yet been able to pick anything up but when I do, I'll let you know what I get!
xxx