Saturday 28 April 2012

Active Energised Organic Skincare Review

I was invited to the launch of Active Energised Organic Skincare's (AEOS) brand new launch called the 3 phase system which promises to renew, rebalance and replenish the skin in just 3 easy steps. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend but the brand were kind enough to send me over some samples of their products and I've been using them for a few weeks now.
L-R
I generally prefer using face washes when cleansing my face as I find that when I'm using lotions, I use a lot more than necessary. And it's the same with this cleansing lotion. It's really nice and luxurious but my own personal preference is just to use a face wash. But I have been using this in the morning when I don't have any make up on my face and if I am wearing make up, I'll use this and then use a face wash afterwards to double cleanse. When writing this post I also realised that this lotion is supposed to be applied to damp skin like a face wash and it's all entirely my fault for using it incorrectly..
This is definitely my favourite product in this range. I've been using it daily ever since I received it and I jsut can't get enough of it. It's very refreshing and my skin has broken out in dryness recently but this has helped a lot. It's just so lovely to use and makes the skin look refreshed, hydrated and more awake and alive. I'm also a big fan of the smell - it's gorgeous.
This also smells like this hydrating mist which I love and this is a nice moisturiser. It's good on my dry patches and it's good on my oily patches. It balances them out nicely and makes the skin look brighter and clearer. It's also a perfect base for make up and helps to make it last longer.
This is to be used as a serum and it's very running and sort of a watery consistency which I find hard to work with but it's a nice serum and really just awakens the skin and makes it appear more well, awake! It's also very soothing and helps to calm down the redness in my skin.
As you can tell, there are 4 items that I've been using and it's supposed to be a 3 step system so I've added the phases in front of the product. I just generally prefer using a serum as well as a moisturiser as I do have scarring on my skin so I like my products to sink in better and really regenerate my skin. I have nothing bad to say about this routine. It's really nice and it didn't break me out. It also felt very luxurious to use and one item that I'll definitely continue to buy is the Refreshing Hydrating Mist. My skin literally drinks it up and it can't get enough of it!
Have you tried anything from this range before?
xxx