Wednesday 16 May 2012

How to Relieve Exam Stress

It's that time of year again, the time that all students dread; exam time. If you're like me then you're one of those people that revise as much as they can but still end up in the exam room nearly in tears as you've forgotten everything. Yes, I panic and worry about exams. More than I should. So this year I'm taking a more 'relaxed' approach and instead of cramming revision in, I'm just doing 1 to 2 hours a day for the next 3 weeks. 
These three are my must haves for revision.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir - yes, I caved. I saw this all over my blogging dashboards and I just couldn't resist as everyone has been raving about it. When I first used it I can remember thinking 'oh, is this it?' But then the addiction started. Gem from GemsMaquillage described it this best; 'crack in a bottle.' And that's what it is. I've had it a week now and already you can see how much I've used. Although I don't think it has that much of a big effect on your skin (it just tightens the pores a little bit) it does smell incredible. So incredible. The smell calms me down and puts a smile of my face and I find myself using it so much. I use it as a toner, I use it as a make up refresher, I use it as a drug. It's my drug.
Britney Spears Baby One More Time Album - music means a lot to me, especially music by Britney. When it came to me choosing an album to listen to whilst revising I immediately went to this one. It's Britney's debut album and whilst there are some wonderful, upbeat pop songs, there's also some calming, beautiful ballads. But not only that, just looking at this album puts a smile on my face. It reminds me of my childhood and it shows me how far Britney's come. 14 years on and she's still here making music and regardless of what she's been through, she's stronger than ever. And it inspires me to never give up. The perfect revision album.
Ikea Flardfull Scented Candle - I have a candle obsession! So much so that even though candles are banned in student halls, I break the code and still burn them - I'm bad. This one is wonderful and smells like lemons and citrus which really uplifts me and makes me feel wide awake. It was also very cheap, under £3 and although I've burnt it for many hours, it's barely gone down!
Another thing that's making me revise is the Moddershall Oaks Spa*. I've given myself an incentive; if I pass this year then I will treat myself to something at this spa. It has 10 luxury spa suites and it was award 5 bubbles by the Good Spa Guide. Also perfect for the summertime, the spa has launched their 'British Summertime Spa Treats' which is a package that includes a relaxing Shirodhara Head Massage, Gerard's Green Tea Abdomen Treatment for a flatter bikini tummy, The Bamboo Massage for an A List no effort workout and Lava Shells Full Body Massage for the warmth of the tropics which is the perfect selection of summer time treats. The package helps you to achieve that summer holiday 'lighter' look and feel. This package includes a welcome tour and complimentary drink, use of the spa facilities, robes, lunch with a fresh fruit smoothie and a 55 minute summer treatment. Prices start from just £105 per person. You can also get this as a break package which includes everything in the day package plus extended us of the spa and an overnight stay in a 5 star suite based on 2 people sharing and the use of the outdoor hot tub. Prices start from £145 per person. You can find out more about the spa here
Moddershall Oaks Spa Manager, Penny Holland said that; 'All of us will feel the effects of stress at some point in our lives. It's different for all of us and so it's important that we tune in and listen to our bodies. There are many simple, small and effective steps that we can take to significantly reduce our stress levels yet they are often overlooked. I would recommend the following as my fail safe tips to restore your happy self:
1. Commit to a regular practice of yoga, tai chi or mediation. The predominant focus is to life the mind, body and spirit.
2. Enjoy the great outdoors - often getting some fresh air and being surrounded by nature puts things in to perspective.
3. Book in for a treatment with an expert therapist. I am always amazed by the difference many of my clients feel after having a treatment like a head massage.'
How do you relax and relieve your exam stress?
xxx
*I was contacted by a PR company regarding this spa and the Summertime Spa Treats package but they are not offering me the incentive. If I pass my exams and visit this spa I will be paying for it with my own money.