Saturday 23 June 2012

Boots Summer Holiday Hauling

In a few weeks time me, my sister and our friend are going on holiday. It was a birthday present from me to her for her 21st birthday. And of course going on holiday means buying lots of new things. I did want to get a whole new wardrobe to go on holiday with but instead I decided to spend some of my wages on new beauty products - because quite frankly, I'm an addict. So I went into Boots and these are the things that I bought. Of course, I'm taking other things but I wanted to keep it as a haul. Before I go on holiday I'll show you everything that I'll be taking with me. We're staying in the UK so it means that there are no limits!
I originally went to pick up the Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel but when I saw this kit I knew I had to get it. It contains the Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing GelClarins Daily Energizer Wake-up BoosterClarins Daily Energizer Cream and the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. They're all mini sizes but to say they're mini sizes is a bit unfair considering I think they're decent sizes. I thought it'd be better to buy this kit beforehand and see if the range agrees with my skin. And also, I have been wanting to try the Beauty Flash Balm out for a really long time now. Unfortunately, I'm taking this on holiday with me so there won't be a review for a few weeks. I don't know how I'm going to resist using the products.
Sun protection for the face is a big must have for me so it's taken me a while to decide on this one. Like Soltan this has a 5* UVA rating and the great thing about it is that it protects against dark spots which is something that I suffer with due to my scarring on my face. Unfortunately, it's only SPF15 but I am only going away in the UK so it should definitely be enough.
I have the full size of this and also a mini size that's nearly running out so when I saw that this was on the 3 for 2 offer that Boots currently have on, I couldn't say no. It has the classic Soap and Glory scent and it smells so beautiful. Definitely my favourite body spray.
I have been wanting to try out this range for a while so when I saw the mini's I immediately put back the TRESemme shampoos that I was holding and picked up these. I decided to go for two shampoos and one conditioner as these were also in the 3 for 2 and one mini bottle of shampoo isn't enough for me on holiday.
I needed some skin care wipes for removing any eye make up and just if I've had a late night and I'm feeling lazy so I picked these ones up. They're great face wipes and one of the best that I've tried. They remove all make up and leave the skin feeling beautifully soft.
I've seen this floating around the blogosphere for a while and I really wanted an antibacterial hand gel but I don't tend to like the alcoholic scent of them. So when I picked this up and smelt it I immediately popped it into my basket. It smells like once again, the classic Soap and Glory scent.
And finally, a body wash! I was going to go for the Clean on Me one but I already have one mini size of that plus two full sized bottles as it's my favourite body wash. So I decided to go for the alternative body wash as it's one that I've never tried before.
So altogether this cost me £25.79 instead of £47.47. It cost me a lot less than it should've done because of 3 for 2's, staff discount and vouchers. I even shocked myself when I added up the receipt price and the actual price and I can't wait to try out some of the products. As always, I highly recommend going to the Advantage Card kiosks before buying anything in Boots as they have some great offers there.
I hope you're all well. Are you going on holiday this summer?
xxx