Monday 21 January 2013

ANTI-AGEING: No7 Protect & Perfect

I've now turned 20 and I've always known that as soon as I've hit that age, I wanted to start my anti-ageing skin care routine. I'm really, really big on anti-ageing as I already suffer with hyper-pigmentation and dark spots from my acne scarring so I want to prevent any further ageing that I can. I decided to go to No7 and experiment with their anti-ageing routines first as I don't think I've read one bad thing about their ranges and I love how they have different ranges to target different age groups.
Currently, No7 skin care is on 3 for 2 so I could actually complete my moisturisation routine pretty cheaply. I picked up the No7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream £22, the No7 Protect & Perfect Night Cream £23 and the No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum £23. I should probably start by saying that I have combination skin. My skin gets pretty oily on my forehead and my nose but when it comes to my chin and cheeks (where I tend to breakout) my skin can be a dry mess. The Protect & Perfect range aims to protect young skin by delaying the first signs of ageing, boosting radiance and visibly improving fine lines. For my serum however, I did go for the Protect & Perfect Intense range (which is aimed at 35-45 year olds) just because it was the same price as the original range but this one comes in a pump bottle instead of a squeezy tube which I just preferred the look of! The Protect & Perfect Intense range aims to restore skin's structure by visibly improving deep lines and wrinkles by up to 50%. As of yet, I'm really liking these products. The serum for starters is absolutely beautiful. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and is just a joy to use. The moisturises provide just the right amount of moisturisation and I love that the day cream comes with 5* UVA protection and SPF 15. Obviously as of yet, I haven't seen any major improvements in my skin as I've only been using them for a couple of weeks. I have noticed a difference in the overall texture of my skin and I find that my base make up goes on a lot more smoothly. I'm hoping that they'll fade my hyper-pigmentation and stop me from looking like a prune in a few years time! Prevention is better than cure after all! You can see all of the No7 anti-ageing routines here. In the end, with discount, the £5 voucher and the 3 for 2 offer, this skin care routine came to just £30.64 but which is a complete bargain considering they're worth £68. 
What age do you think is appropriate for starting your anti-ageing routine? What do you think about No7?
xxx