Thursday 21 February 2013

Recent hair care favourites + hair of the day

I'm someone who goes through stages when it comes to hair care. Sometimes, I'm really interested in it and other times, I'm not bothered at all. At the moment, I'm loving treating my hair and making sure it looks in tip top condition. I think it's since ombreing my hair and since I bought myself some new curlers. Here are a few products that I've been loving recently.

I love dry shampoo. As someone who has oily hair at the roots it's something that I'm in need of. I've stopped washing my hair every day and I now wash it every two days so dry shampoo is a must have. I really like this one. I don't just use it as a dry shampoo, I use it as a volumiser. If I'm going out for a night out then I will spray this into the roots of my hair and my hair is instantly refreshed and full of volume. It's wonderful.
As I mentioned above, I've stopped washing my hair every day so I do end up with a lot of product build up. I love this clarifying shampoo because it does the job, doesn't strip my hair and leaves it feeling nice and soft. I use this once or twice every fortnight and it's changed my hair completely. It's more healthy and full of life. I also have ombred hair and I don't find that this is a problem on my coloured ends.
These two were an absolutely bargain as they were on offer for two for £5. Since ombre-ing my hair, it's been really dry at the ends and these two products have helped to restore my hairs natural moisture. The hair masque is lovely and it really smooths the hair down and the heat protection is now my new favourite. It works in the same way as my usual TRESemme one but it adds shine and moisture and helps to reduce frizz.
This is the perfect "I can't be bothered to do my hair today" product. If I wash my hair and I know I have a lecture the next day, I will scrunch this into the ends of my hair, roughly blow-dry it and sleep with my hair 80% wet. When I wake up, my hair looks perfectly undone - as if I haven't tried too hard. It's such an amazing product and I doubt I'll be able to be without it.
This is pretty much my hair care baby! It's not like your regular, standard hair mask. I've included a picture below which shoes its consistency. It's more like a gel for your hair. I apply it to the roots of my hair for a few minutes, rinse it out and when I leave my hair to dry or blow dry it, there is so much more added volume. I was a little bit worried about using this at first as I thought it'd make my hair extra greasy but it didn't. And it's wonderful. It's seriously so good. My hair is full, thick and beautiful after using this.














So from the picture above, you can see that the TRESemme hair masque is your typical hair masque, the Umberto Giannini hair mask is clear and more of a gel formula and the TIGI Souffle isn't as smooth in consistency as the other two so it creates a more texturised look.

And here's a picture of my hair after using all of the products above. I apologise for the cat over my face but my skin was a mess and I didn't have any make up on but I still wanted to include the picture. And I love cats and I'd love to be a cat so why not! But anyway, you can see the amount of volume that's in my hair - I normally have really fine, flat hair so for me to have this much volume is amazing. There's a lot of texture in my hair and it really helps to hold the curls in place. What are your favourite hair care products?
xxx