Saturday 9 February 2013

REVIEW: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation with before/after comparison pictures


Back in January, before returning to university, I took a trip to the Nottingham Space.NK for the very first time. If it's possible to get starstruck by a store, then I was. It was incredible to see so many brands that I'd heard of but never actually seen and I was loving it. The reason for my visit was to try the ever-so-famous Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation as my mum agreed to buy it me for my birthday.
First of all, the lady in the shop was lovely. I explained to her about my skin condition and how I wanted a fuller coverage foundation that wasn't drying and I'd read so many reviews about this foundation. And as I guessed, she said this foundation would be perfect for me. She removed my make up, applied a primer and went on to put the foundation onto my skin. She then followed with concealer, powder, bronzer and blush and I immediately purchased the foundation. It was one of those love at first sight feelings. I've now been using this foundation for a month and unless I've fake tanned, I've been using it every day. It's medium/full coverage that's easily buildable and it sits so nicely on the skin. Although it's full coverage, it isn't heavy on the skin at all and blends into the skin like a dream - it's barely noticeable. It doesn't sink into pores or fine lines and it hydrates the skin throughout the day. It's extremely easy to blend and the colour (rose ivory) matches my skin tone perfectly. A lot of people think that this foundation is expensive but I don't think it is. I think it's worth every single penny and for me, once you've found the right base, everything else falls into place. I do have some comparison pictures however I am extremely insecure about my skin. I know it's a mess, I know it's badly scarred so no nasty comments please! But this is literally the only way I can show you how amazing this foundation is. Also, on the before picture there are a couple of spots which aren't there in the after picture, that's just because they were taken on different days however, nothing else has changed.

So there you have it. This foundation covers everything. Scarring, redness, spots, everything. It provides the most perfect coverage ever and you can see how beautiful it sits on the skin too. It fills in my pores (no primer was used in the after picture) which is amazing. This is now my favourite foundation and something that I will always have in my collection. It's just quite frankly, perfect. You can buy this foundation here for £33.
Have you tried this foundation before? What's your favourite foundation?
xxx

Want to advertise on Bamboozle Beauty? Find out how to here.