Wednesday 13 February 2013

REVIEW: Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Make Up with comparison pictures

Mineral make up is something that I've never really got on with. I have badly blemished skin so I find that it never gives me enough coverage. However, I was extremely excited to try out the pressed mineral make up from Pur Minerals. Before this, I don't think I'd ever heard of a pressed mineral powder and seeing as mineral foundations tend to be messy, this product is pretty much ground breaking. I'm no good with science and ingredients so I'll let the brand themselves do the talking before I give you my verdict...













"Pur Minerals combine the finest ingredients in nature with the latest in skincare technology, the multi-tasking formulas work with the skin to correct, prevent and interrupt common concerns to radiant results you can see - even after the make up comes off. Pur Minerals contain NO harsh chemical dyes, petroleum-based oils, fragrance or fillers, just pure mineral pigments and nourishing ingredients that ALL skin types can enjoy. With a mix of plant-based and proprietary ingredients - like the breakthrough Ceretin Complex (make up's first proven anti-ageing technology) - Pur offers a full range of clinically proven skincare-enhanced make up and complexion care products to complement any regiment. Made for multi-tasking, the no-stress, no-mess collection, includes the award-winning 4-in-1 products, which are use by professional make up artists and celebrity stylists worldwide."















Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have very blemished skin. Redness, spots, scarring - the lot. So I wasn't expecting miracles from the Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Make Up Compact* - £24.00 as I know that mineral make up tends to be very sheer. To my surprise, I found that when built up, this mineral make up provides medium coverage and if I use a concealer underneath, it's definitely suitable for me to wear during the day. And I have been wearing it pretty much every day for a week or so now. As always, below I've included a picture of the difference in my skin when wearing the mineral make up.
L-R No mineral make up, mineral make up alone, concealer and mineral make up

I like this powder because it comes with SPF15 and skin care ingredients which help to smooth the look of lines and wrinkles and plump, lift and firm the skin's appearance. So overtime, you should notice an improvement in your skin. Which is fabulous as make up normally doesn't agree with your skin. This feels lightweight on the skin and gives a radiant matte finish. It also leaves the skin smooth to the touch. I buff it in with the Pur Minerals Chisel Make Up Brush* - £13.00 which is one of my most reached for brushes at the moment. It's a flat top brush which means it's dense and easy to work with. It's completely natural and it's made from a cruelty-free, blend of goat, sable and pony hair which means the brush is very soft. I was also shocked by the price - cheap for how good the quality is. So overall, I would recommend to you my first mineral make up foundation. I love the coverage, I love the finish and I love how comfortable it is to wear. It's a great day time foundation.
You can view the entire Pur Minerals range here.