Wednesday 6 February 2013

VIVA FOREVER! cocktails launch at Harvey Nichols and meeting the Spice Girls

On Tuesday 5th of February I was invited by Handpicked Media to attend the launch of the VIVA FOREVER! Spice Girls cocktails at Harvey Nichols. Cocktails, Harvey Nichols, London... It all sounds exciting right? Well what was even more exciting was the fact that four of the five Spice Girls were actually there and I got to meet them!

Since the release of 'Wannabe' in 1996, I've been a huge fan of the Spice Girls. 'Spice' was my first album and I had it on cassette. I used to listen to it constantly on my purple boom box and sing along. I can remember watching their concert at Wembley on pay-per-view TV and getting all excited over the Spice World movie. I had everything Spice Girls at the age of 3, they were my first love and first dabble into pop music. I owe them an awful lot. So meeting them was massive. I'd waited 17 years for this moment.

Walking into the venue was incredible. I'd never been into Harvey Nichols before, never mind the Fifth Floor bar! Spice Girls songs were playing in the background and the chilled out, close knit vibe was relaxing and enjoyable. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed any "professional" cameras so the pictures that you're seeing are off of my phone or off of other bloggers point and shoot cameras.

Beforehand, I met up with JoelleKateLauraJessicaZoe and Liz which was amazing in itself as I'm a huge fan of all of their blogs/YouTube channels. The girls were lovely and made the launch even better than it already was! It was great to be around people who understand blogging, its impact, love the Spice Girls and of course, love beauty and fashion so there were lots of girly talk floating around.

The moment when the Spice Girls walked into the room was breathtaking. They're all so beautiful and warming and they radiate so much energy. It was hard to stay professional, hold back the tears and stop fangirling. After the press photos and mingling with the bloggers, we were invited to meet them in groups of three. It was such a mindblowing moment and one that I will never forget. They were all so lovely, kind, down to earth and grateful. They thanked us for sticking by them and told us that "the Spice Tribe lives on." We got to hug and touch them which was wonderful and a childhood dream. Unfortunately, I look a mess on the photo but I can get over that and the memory will stay with me forever. We also got to meet the writer of VIVA FOREVER! Jennifer Saunders and the cast who were all incredibly lovely.

Now that that's over, onto the reason we were there. Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor Bar have now launched five show-stopping cocktails which are all Champagne based. Dominic Jacobs, Fifth Floor Bar manager, created each drink by highlighting the girls' most famous traits. The cocktails are each tied up with individual bows which represents a part of the girls' personalities. They are priced at £14.50 each and are available until the end of April.
Baby Spice - Peach puree and fresh strawberries, Harvey Nichols Champagne.
Ginger Spice - Domaine de canton ginger liqueur, rose syrup topped with Champagne.
Scary Spice - Fresh chilli, lychee liqueur topped with Champagne.
Sporty Spice - Amaretto, curacao bleu and lemon juice topped with Champagne.
Posh Spice - Apricot brandy, sugar cube soaked in grapefruit bitters, topped with Champagne.

The cocktails will accompany the popular VIVA FOREVER! Afternoon Tea menu which you can view here. I was lucky enough to try out two of the five cocktails (any more and I'd have been on the floor begging the Spice Girls to dance to 'Stop' with me) and they are delicious. I tried the Sporty Spice and the Posh Spice. Both completely different in flavour but super nice. The tea menu is also beautiful but I had to stop myself from eating too many cakes!

The cocktails and afternoon tea are definitely one for any Spice Girls fans or people who just want to hang out with friends, catch up and have good fun. I'd highly recommend checking the menu out and possibly going yourself! Now, I just need to persuade someone to take me to see VIVA FOREVER! the musical...

To book to sample the VIVA FOREVER! Cocktails or Afternoon Tea (priced from £30 per person or £75 per person including a ticket to see the show, available until the end of February), please contact Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor on 020 7235 5250. To book VIVA FOREVER! please visit www.vivaforeverthemusical.com or call 0844 871 3055. Piccadilly Theatre, Denman Street, London, W1.

"Naivety and childhood left behind, deprived of the goodness of mankind, past encounters have made her strong, strong enough to carry on and on. Undress you with her eyes, uncover the truth from the lies. Strip you down, don't need to care, lights are low, exposed and bare. Naked, nothing but a smile upon her face. Naked, she wants to play seek and hide, no-one to hide behind. Naked, this child has fallen from grace. Naked, don't be afraid to stare, she is only naked."

xxx
Over the next two days, I will also be posting a post on my time in London and my outfit and make up at the event so look out for those posts!
Thank you so much to Handpicked Media for inviting me, the other bloggers for being lovely, Harvey Nichols, Jennifer Saunders and the VIVA FOREVER! cast for being wonderful and of course, the Spice Girls for making my childhood dreams a reality.
Want to advertise on Bamboozle Beauty? Find out how to here.