Wednesday 6 February 2013

Weightwatchers Diet

One of my new years resolutions was to lose weight. Over Christmas I had been looking through old pictures and I realised that since school I've put on a lot of weight and I just wanted to lose it and feel comfortable with my body again. I'm not someone who's 100% clued up on nutrition. In fact, apart from my friend Laura (who has a blog on nutrition which you can find here), I know nothing about what's good for me and what's bad for me. Apart from the obvious like 5 a day etc. So I decided I would do the Weightwatchers diet because quite frankly, it's easy. I literally just buy their products and everything is on there for me with the points system. I now figure out if things are good or bad for me by looking into their points system which couldn't be easier. Also, my grandma has been on Weightwatchers for a few months now and she looks incredible, she's lost a lot of weight and it's been a complete success for her. Also, she helps me out with it a lot and if I have any questions I can count on her to answer them for me.
I've been on the diet for one month now. The first week was a success; I managed to lose 7 pounds and to be honest, I don't know how I did it as it was my birthday week and the first week back at university which meant a lot of alcohol and drinking. But I did. I think the diet is easy to follow and it fills me up a lot. In fact, on some days I've had to eat when I haven't been hungry just to make my points up which is great! My original problem wasn't eating too much... it was simply eating the wrong things so Weightwatchers has helped with that a lot and now, my cupboards, freezer and fridge are all stocked up with Weightwatchers products. The products themselves are delicious. I think their meals are lovely and while the portion sizes are smaller than I'm used to, the flavour makes up for that and they're really delicious products. Another great thing about Weightwatchers is that you don't have to cut out your treats. I still eat cakes and crisps and yoghurt's.  I just eat the Weightwatchers ones and make sure that I don't go over my points allowance. One of their star products for me is their sausages. They taste even better than usual sausages and they're only one point each! I find myself having two sausage sandwiches for a midday snack and it only counts as 4 of my daily points.
I didn't know if this was something that I wanted to write about on my blog but since starting the diet, I've really enjoyed it and it's something that I'd like to keep track of. It's also, I believe, a great way to motivate others who are trying to lose weight and be healthier. So far I've managed to lose 16 pounds. Which is a huge achievement for me and although I can't notice a difference in my body, I feel better, more energetic, less tired and my skin is improving. 
Are you currently on a diet? If so, what diet plan are you following?