Friday 13 April 2012

17 Va Va Voom Mascara Review

I bought this mascara on Monday due to having a half price voucher from the Boots Advantage Card machines. In the end (plus staff discount), this mascara ended up costing me a measly £2.43 which is an absolutely bargain. I've used it every day since and I've fallen in love with it.
The packaging of this mascara isn't exactly my favourite. It's a big childish and definitely aimed at teenagers but there's no doubting that it's bright & easy to find. I apologise for the picture of this aswell; due to the silver writing the camera flashed back and ended up making the packaging look worse. But you can see what it looks like (and also purchase it) here.
 I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the brush. It's not plastic and it's very big. It reminds me of Benefit's Bad Gal mascara brush which I love. It's hard to work with though as it's so big so it takes a bit of getting used to. But once you have gotten used to it, it's worth the wait. 
On the left I'm wearing just one coat of mascara and on the right, I'm wearing no mascara. You can see that it not only lengthens the lashes but it also adds volume and separates them well. It can also be easily built up for a night out but for time day, one coat is more than enough for me!
Have you tried this mascara? What is your favourite mascara at the moment?
xxx