Monday 9 April 2012

Bargain Boots & Holland and Barrett Haul!

I went into Holland and Barrett as I have a £10 voucher to spend because of their new reward scheme but unfortunately the item that I wanted was out of stock. So instead, I picked up some banana chips which I've just started eating. They're so beautiful and I'm going to have to put them away because if not, they'll all be gone in an hour!
Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo - Was £2.69 now £1.81 (free on 3 for 2)
I was in need of a new shampoo and I went to the Boots Advantage Card machine and I received a voucher for 25% off any shampoo/conditioner so I picked up the Pantene Aqua Light shampoo. I've used it before and whenever I smell it, it reminds me of Whitby as this is the shampoo that I used whilst I was there. It's really lightweight and easy to wash out. A great every day shampoo.
17 Va Va Voom Mascara - Was £6.29 now £2.43
All my mascaras are running out and drying up so I decided it was time to get myself a new one. I love trying out new and different mascaras as I am yet to find my perfect one. Once again at the Boots Advantage Card machine I was given a voucher for a half price Va Va Voom mascara and that was an offer I couldn't resist! So I picked one up and I'm excited to try it out.
My Face Concealer - Was £7.99 (free on 3 for 2)
Me and my friend were working on cosmetics today when we noticed that My Face had a 75% off sale. There weren't many items left but what was left was decent enough. So on my break I quickly ran to the My Face counter and chose this concealer. Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment so this qualified as my free item. I haven't yet tried it but it does seem a bit dark for me so I'm praying for some sun!
My Face My Mix Foundation - Was £12.99 now £2.84
I'm still in shock at the price of this foundation. I haven't tried it but when I was first getting into make up, I had my eye on it. I'm not sure of the coverage yet but I'm considering doing a full FOTD using these products and letting you know how I get on. I'm not sure if it's just my Boots store that has 75% off because it's not online. But it's definitely worth checking!
I also decided to pick up a blush. This is a very bright Barbie pink that is highly pigmented. I've included a swatch below of this product and to do that swatch, I literally touched the blush in the slightest. I need to have a light hand when using this!
Trevor Sorbie Tease Comb - Was £2.99 now £2.62
It's 3 for 2 at the moment on make up, hair care and accessories so I need one more item in order to qualify for 3 for 2 on my Pantene and 17 products. I decided it was time that I bought myself a teasing comb as my hair is useless when it comes to volume. I saw this one and I couldn't believe the price. It's really sturdy and I'm excited to try it. 
I've included the picture above to show you just how much I saved! This is a picture of my receipt when I bought the My Face cosmetics (I picked up the other stuff later on). So you can see that I saved a massive total of £26.95! Three My Face items came to £5.02 instead of £30.97! I'm still in complete shock about this. I do get staff discount but I mostly get discount on items from looking around the store, seeing what's on offer and using vouchers from the Boots Advantage Card machines. So next time you go into Boots, definitely check those machines as there are some great offers lurking on there.
Swatch of the My Face blusher - very pigmented!
What have you been buying recently?
xxx